Retinol can cause significant irritation, redness and peeling, especially around the eyes and mouth, in the early stages of treatment while skin builds tolerance. If you have not used high-strength retinol formulas in the past, it is best to start your retinol regimen with this low-strength Retinol 0.2% in Squalane. Low-strength retinol like this is also the best especially for people with skin of color, e.g. Africans, African Americans, Latinos, Asians, Native Indians, Pacific Islanders, other (non-Caucasian) skin types that are more likely to hyper-pigment rather than burn.
Note: Water can affect the stability of retinol. Additionally, plant oils in retinol formulations can trigger lipid peroxidation and can impair retinol integrity. This formula does not contain water, silicones, plant oils or alcohol.
How to use:
- Apply a small amount to face at night as part of your skincare regimen, after water-based serums but before heavier treatments.
- Use only as directed on unbroken skin.
- Patch testing prior to use is advised:
- Apply a small amount of the product onto a clean area of skin on the upper forearm.
- Keep the area dry.
- After 24 hours rinse the area.
- If any redness, burning, itching, blistering or irritation is observed at any time throughout the test, do not use the product.
- Retinoids can make the skin more sensitive to UV radiation. Hence, this product should be used at night, and during the day, sun protection you should always wear a sunscreen.
- This product must not be used in conjunction with other retinoids including retinol or retinoic acid. This product is not a treatment for acne.
- Retinol can cause irritation, redness and peeling, especially around the eyes and mouth, in the early stages of treatment while skin builds tolerance.
- It’s also important to note that with any active ingredient that affects skin behaviour, there can be an initial purging period during which breakouts are normal. For example, acne-prone skin may experience a temporary increase in acne during the first few weeks of using any form of retinoid including those used in this formulation.
- It is also important to note that when introducing new products and sciences into your regimen, your skin may require up to a month to adjust. If persistent irritation occurs, cease use and consult a doctor.
- When pregnant or breastfeeding, it is recommended to avoid any skincare products containing retinoids such as formulations with Granactive Retinoid or Retinol.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Refrigerate after opening.
Squalane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Retinol, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydroxymethoxyphenyl Decanone, BHT.
Note: Ingredients correct at time of publishing on the website. Always check product packaging.