Exaglow Serum’s lightweight formulation contains tranexamic acid and stabilised vitamin C to help diminish the appearance of skin discolouration, pigmentation, melasma and age spots, so your skin appears more even, luminous and bright.
- A synthetic analogue of the amino lysine, tranexamic acid interferes with the chemical pathway that produces melanin, which makes it effective for use as a depigmentation agent.
- Facetheory uses tranexamic acid, shown by in-vitro testing to reduce spots and prevent pigmentation with no significant side effects after 8 weeks of continued use.
- Tranexamic acid has an excellent safety profile for use in skin care and is well tolerated by most skin types.
- Stabilised vitamin C used in the serum can help brighten dull skin, reduce the appearance of age spots and hyperpigmentation, and significantly reduce acne bacteria.
- Liquorice calms stressed or sensitive skin while balancing oily or congested complexions.
This product is free from animal ingredients, benzalkonium chloride, benzophenones/benzophenone derivatives, bisphenol a (BPA), butoxyethanol, BHT, carbomer, coal tar dyes, -cones, ethanolamines (MEA/DEA/TEA), formaldehyde, hydroquinone, liquid petrolatum, methyl cellosolve, methylisothiazolinone, methylchloroisothiazolinone, mercury, mercury compounds, mineral oil, oxybenzone, parabens, paraffin oil, phenoxyethanol, phthalates, polyethylene glycol (PEGs), resorcinol, siloxanes, sodium nitrite, sulfates, thimerosal, triclosan, triclocarban.
How to use:
Apply a few drops to clean, damp skin, concentrating on dark spots and areas of discoloration or pigmentation. Follow with your favourite moisturiser. This product contains an alpha/beta hydroxy acid that may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards. Test on a small area first. After your first full application, wait a day or two before starting regular use. Discontinue if irritation occurs. Do not use simultaneously with retinol products until you have seen how your skin responds to AHA/BHA. Do not use this product if you are allergic to aspirin. Do not use if under the age of 18 or if pregnant. Seek advice from your doctor.
Aqua, propanediol (humectant from corn syrup), tranexamic acid (derivative of amino acid lysine), niacinamide (vitamin B3), lactic acid (AHA, vegan source), sodium ascorbyl phosphate (stabilised vitamin C), glycerin (humectant), sodium anisate, (preservative from star anise), sodium levulinate (preservative from sugar cane), glycyrrhiza glabra (liquorice) root extract, gellan gum (gelling agent), sodium phytate (natural chelator), sodium hyaluronate (salt of hyaluronic acid), citric acid (pH adjuster), potassium sorbate (preservative).
Note: Ingredients correct at time of publishing on the website. Always check product packaging.