Dr. V Body Brightening Oil helps with scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone. Use this unique anti-aging formula body oil every day or after every shower, to seal in the actives from the Dr. V Body Range and leave your skin looking and feeling hydrated.
Why is it good for skin of colour?
In skin of colour, we don’t want to irritate skin or cause reactions, as this is more likely to lead to hyperpigmentation. The Dr V Body range has a minimal expected reaction rate (zero in the consumer study).
The active ingredients are at the correct percentages for skin of colour, working synergistically in an easy-to-follow step-by-step system.
For example, here are the preferred ingredients we use for skin of colour and why:
- Instead of high % Ascorbic Acid we use it at lower % and with Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate instead (Ascorbic Acid is lower pH and potentially irritating in the sun).
- Instead of high % retinol, we use low % retinol & combine with it with retinaldehyde which is less irritating and works 11x faster (but more expensive, so not readily available in skincare products).
- Instead of Glycolic Acid, we opted for the AHA Lactic Acid, which is more hydrating & less irritating, so there is a lower chance of damaging the skin barrier and getting pigmentation.
- Skin of colour is typically drier, so we use high % glycerin to compensate & hydrate.
- The surfactant (cleans skin) we use is non-stripping: Cocamidopropyl Betaine.
Also, we use Sodium Laureth Sulfate, not SLS – Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, as the former is gentler for skin of colour.
Who is this product for?
For people with normal/dry skin, age 21+.
For ageing & dull skin concerns, bumpy Keratosis Pilaris, or general healthy/brighter skin appearance.
Not for persons with a history of reactions to skincare products or overly dry/sensitive/damaged skin.
How to use:
After showering with Deep Cleansing Body Wash or your regular body wash, pat skin dry and apply Body Brightening Oil.
If the area will be sun exposed after use, please apply sunblock and reapply every 2 hours.
We would advise minimising sun exposure with this product on the skin.
Warning: In general, only apply the products in this range on normal skin, not if cracked or damaged. Not suitable for pregnancy.
In the rare event of skin irritation or an allergic skin reaction, please wash off, discontinue use, let us know and contact your doctor if required.
- Retinaldehyde – potent and non-irritating Vitamin A
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate – fat soluble Vitamin C
- Ascorbic acid – water soluble Vitamin C
- Tocopheryl acetate – Vitamin E
INCI: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Caprylic/Capric riglyceride, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Squalane, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ubiquinone, Retinaldehyde, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phospholipids , Glycerin, Aqua.
NO FRAGRANCE, NO DENATURED ALCOHOL, NO ESSENTIAL OILS, NO IRRITANTS
Note: ingredients correct at the time of publishing on the website. Always check the product packaging.
There are no reviews yet.